The martian chronicles by Ray Bradbury


Title: The Martian Chronicles
Author: Ray Bradbury
Editorial: Harper Voyager
Genre: Science Fiction
Country of origin: United States
Pages: 238
Days to finish it: 5 (rereading)
Books read of the author: 5
Year of publication: 1951
Personal score: 5/5

Preview: We are fucked, we are doomed, we are humans  

The human being have a lot of virtues, that is unquestionable, but also we have thousand defects, even more than virtues. We believe that we are the superior race, I’m not even talking about being white, black or brown, I’m talking about the fake supremacy we hold. We think we deserve everything just for the sake of being human. We have that fucking habit of destroy everything and everyone around us, obviously that includes the ambient and the animals. If everything goes by, we`ll need to find another planet soon, and everyone knows what means that…

How did I get it?

I had this book so much time ago, I was celebrating the book number so I wanna do it with a special book.


A little bit of the author…

Bradbury is pretty know in the blog, he was one of my former authors and I`m very pleased for everything he let me as a young reader. I couldn’t be happier in my book number 400.

Review

This chronicles narrate the life on Mars, before, while and after the human race achieve land on Mars. My favorite ones were: Rocker Summer, Ylla, The earth men, The third expedition, -and the moon be still as bright (my favorite as the last time), The green morning, Night Meeting, The Martian, The long years, The million year picnic.

Through this chronicles we could feel how the life is, was, will be on Mars.

Opinion

The first time I read this book I was a child, I was in the high school, yet my mind could imagine almost everything, every landscape, every mountain, even every ladder of the rocket, even I could imagine the Martians, and yep, they were spooky. My imagination still very solid, and I was delightful with the reading, my inner young nerd is happily after all. BTW, this book is the first I`ve re read in the original language after read it in Spanish.  

You`ll get one definitely conclusion: the humans are a fucking plague, so much like locust. We`ll end with everything, including new planet. I just reaffirmed we can`t respect anything and we will end with our planet soon. Very soon. My own nihilism personality is shining than ever.

My mind kept the ability to remember complete situations, names, scenes. And some complete chronicles, even I could remember the name of some Martians and the whole expeditions. I didn´t remember how this ended, but I really loved. A lot of lessons were learned. We have a lot of characters, some unique other irrelevant but everyone counts. The chronicles are very enjoyable, perfect for improve your capacity of imagine.

Somehow the unique trouble was that some chronicles that I´ve read in the Spanish version weren’t mentioned here. Again my memory is very privileged.

When the Jupiter Chronicles?

Quotes

The rest of the world was buried in war or the thoughts of the war.”

“I´m not anyone, I’m just myself; wherever I am, I am something, and now I’m something you can´t help.”

“She looked out the pale desert. The twin white moons were rising. Cool water ran softly about her toes. She began to tremble just the least.”

“He wanted to go to Mars on the rocket. He went down to the rocketfield in the early morning and yelled in through wire fence at the men in uniform that he wanted to go mars.”

“We earth men have a talent for ruining big, beautiful things.”

“Anything that´s strange is no good to the average American.”

“Faith had always given us answers to all things. But all went down the drain with Freud and Darwin. We were and still are a lost people.”

“They blended religion and art and science because, at base, science is no more than an investigation of a miracle we can never explain, and art is an interpretation of that miracle.”

“Have something to fight for and live for; that makes me a better killer.”

“The men of Earth came to Mars. They came because they were afraid or unafraid, because they were happy or unhappy.”







Comentarios

Entradas recientemente populares